Friday, August 3, 2012

Mail Call!

I L.O.V.E. getting mail. I always have. When I was a kid, I knew the sound of the mail truck by heart and my little ears could pick it up from streets away. I also knew the route, so I could determine pretty much exactly when it was going to arrive at OUR mailbox from whatever point I heard it in the neighborhood. 

Even as a grown up, I still LOVE getting mail, and get SUPER excited whenever a delivery truck comes. My problem lately is that without fail, FedEX and UPS come on the days I work, during the hours I work! And when I buy expensive things, they usually require a signature in person, so it gets very frustrating! (not that I buy expensive things very often...but when I do, I usually want them in my hands as soon as possible!) I got on my game quick after the first delivery attempt notice, and asked them to hold my package for me to pick up. 

On my lunch break yesterday I drove to the sketchy UPS warehouse and picked up my latest greatest photography purchase: the Sigma 105mm 2.8 Macro lens! I had never shot with it before (couldn't find one to rent) so I went with B&H Photo since they have a 30 day return policy. After 24 hours, I think I'm in love. I mean, there are still quite a more scenarios I want to try this baby out on. But I'm really excited to have this for the wedding next weekend! 

The purpose in getting this particular length lens was to have a longer lens for ceremonies and events where I can't physically get close to the subjects, as well as having the macro feature for close detail shots. I'm loving what I'm finding with my detail shots already. Just waiting to give the portrait side of things a whirl this weekend at our reunion at Lake Gaston with Tim's side of the family! 

So I'll leave you with a shot of my FAVORITE ring - designed and given to me by my strong, brave, handsome, funny, hard-working, creative, gentle, kind, generous, and extreme husband :) 


No comments:

Post a Comment