Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Another day off :)

So today's pinterest accomplishments are less crafty and more FOODY!!

#1: Smoother Freezer packs! I went to Costco and filled up my cart with all sorts of yummy fresh fruit! (Specifically: nectarines, kiwis, strawberries, bananas--even though I don't like them--, aaaand spinach which is not a fruit :) I also grabbed a mango when I went to Walmart later. I have recently found on pinterest/blogs the idea of putting fresh spinach into smoothies to get those great spinach benefits with all the sweet fruity flavor. I thought it sounded like a pretty rad idea. And basically I think I need to grow up and start eating bananas even though I don't like them. They are cheap, easy to pack, and filling. I should probably develop a taste for things like that. Smoothies is a good place to start I think.

Basically I just chopped everything up and split it semi evenly into 8 freezer bags (quart size). I squeezed all the air out, zipped them, and threw them in the freezer! ta daaa! Breakfasts/lunches for quite a few days this month! (I think each bag will be more than plenty for both me and tim....if I can convince him to eat them :) Also -- just a side note -- the blog I was reading suggested using WATER instead of any kind of milk product when blending up the smoothie. Mostly because fruit and milk don't tend to mix well, and its easy for your stomach to digest with just water or juice. They suggested to move a bag from the freezer to fridge the night before to let it thaw some, and its ready to go in the morning!
#2: Freezing Leftover Coffee in Ice Cube Trays This is one of those genius little ideas I found on pinterest. We ALWAYS have left over coffee. The idea is to freeze it in ice cube trays and eventually have enough to throw in the blender with a little tasty coffee creamer and VOILA! A coffee smoothie! Brilliant!
Hope you're having a lovely week, Lindsey Schubert (I consider you the sole reader of my blog, until comments prove otherwise :) *L

2 comments:

  1. haha YAY :) TWO readers. i'm moving up in the world! i hope you have a lovely week too sarah :)

    ReplyDelete